Update: We are SOLD OUT!! To join our mailing list and be kept in the loop for upcoming workshops, please visit this link. Thank you!
Adrienne and Mary Beth have put together two days with an AMAZING lineup of interactive sessions that will give you some great background knowledge on working successfully with heritage learners, as well as LOTS of time to process the new information…and best of all, time to actually APPLY what you are learning.
When: Thursday and Friday, June 27-28, 2019 8:30-4:30
Where: Fort Collins Senior Center, 1200 Raintree Dr, Fort Collins, CO 80526. Fort Collins is about an hour north of Denver and is often listed as one of the best places to live in the United States. For info on lodging recommendations, airport transportation, restaurants, etc., see this list.
Who: This workshop will cater to teachers who teach classes for Spanish heritage speakers at the middle or high school level, or who are interested in getting a course started. Teachers that teach mixed classes may also benefit from this workshop.
- Download our full page flyer HERE
- Coffee and light breakfast will be provided.
- Participants will receive a certificate for hours completed. University credit may be available (details to come).
- Last but not least…all participants will receive Adrienne’s complete course curriculum bundle for 9th grade heritage courses, courtesy of her Teachers Pay Teachers store Teach Like You Love It, absolutely FREE ($160 value).
Cost: $185 by April 15 midnight eastern, $200 by May 15 midnight eastern, $235 up until workshop, space permitting.
- How to start a heritage program
- How to write curriculum for a heritage program
- Preventing burnout for heritage teachers
- Implementing a workshop model in your heritage class
- How to start off the year in a heritage class
- How to build a classroom library and cultivate a love for reading in your heritage class
- And more!
All attendees will walk away with…
- A curriculum overview appropriate for your school/context
- The first two weeks of school PLANNED AND PREPPED for your heritage class
- An action plan for creating a classroom library
- Not to mention…all participants will receive a FREE course curriculum for an entire 9th grade heritage course (courtesy of Teach Like You Love It store on Teachers Pay Teachers (valued at $160)!!
Not ready to sign up yet? Join our mailing list to be kept up-to-date on future workshops and projects.
Meet your workshop leaders, Adrienne Brandenburg and Mary Beth Johnson
- Have been teaching high school heritage Spanish since 2012 and 2010, respectively
- Have each developed their own heritage curriculum and heritage programs from the ground up
- Have presented on heritage topics at ACTFL, IFLT, CCFLT, AATSP conferences, and the Inspired Proficiency podcast
- Moderate a powerful PLN on Facebook
- Have published essays in books for heritage teachers
- Look forward to working with you to tailor their advice to YOU!
Questions? Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Cancellations: Refunds must be requested in writing to email@example.com before June 1, 2019, midnight eastern; however, a $50 processing fee will be assessed. Refunds will be processed within 30 days of the request. After June 1st, no refunds will be given.